Data: Integration Quality Architecture
- Provide overall data integration strategy.
- Responsible for all ETL development leadership and data warhouse architecture.
- Design, develop and deploy enterprise scheduling for the data warehouse.
The TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) is a field activity of the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, and was formally established under Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 5136.12 on May 31, 2001. Since February 1998, TMA leadership has managed the TRICARE health care program for active duty members and their families, retired service members and their families, National Guard/Reserve members and their families, survivors and others entitled to DoD medical care.
- Designed and delivered a migration of IBM Information Server from 8.1 on DB2 to 8.5 on Oracle.
- Mentored staff on product usage and best practice for data integration.
- Provide succession planning and effective staffing.
HealthTrans’ consultative benefit management approach, proactive client and member services, and powerful analytics/reporting tools empower their clients with the insight and control they require to provide cost-effective, highly serviced benefit solutions. HealthTrans focuses on best practices, giving clients strategic business advantages, such as lower costs and increased flexibility to respond to changing markets.
- Architect a scalable platform for data intake and loading
- Design and develop Pentaho data integration work flows
- Develop Python jobs to fully automate data transfers
PSI is a Colorado-based company with a 25-year mission of doing “socially useful work.” PSI is a national leader in cost-effective administration of public programs that include public health insurance, child support enforcement, and workforce development. In 2009, PSI embarked on developing a state-of-the-art service delivery platform. Griffin Resources was called upon to architect the data intake, integration and load subsystems.
2006 – 2009
- Validate existing ETL Design & Architecture
- Lead and mentored staff in ETL Best Practices.
- Developed automated processing of complex job streams. improved restart/recovery process & efficient data capture.
McKesson is a health care services company dedicated to helping its customers deliver high-quality health care by reducing cost, streamlining process. and improving the quality of care and patient safety. In 2006, McKesson’s database system was bogging down under the weight of multiple new client contracts and they called Griffin Resources to address their needs for a scalable, flexible system that could keep up with their rapid growth. In just four months, Griffin was intergrating new client data on a streamlined platform using ETL best practices and the power of Datastage allowing McKesson to serve more clients, more efficiently and with the architecture to scale into the future.
2005 – 2006
- Performed Readiness Assessment on existing ETL processes and data warehouse architecture
- Leveraged DataStage MVS edition in a DB2 environment
- Delivered a one week “fast start” program providing templates and best practices
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and a wide and growing offering of related services. In 2005 Caterpillar was deploying a new data warehouse hosted on DB2 in an MVS environment, but they were running into issues with slow development environments and the overall efficiency of managing complex processes in MVS with their existing staff. Griffin Resources guided the company through the process of implementing DataStage MVS edition to unlock the power and efficiency of their systems while leveraging the existing MVS expertise and financial investment in their current architecture. As part of this process Griffin also provided a one week “fast start” service which delivered templates for developing ETL jobs in DataStage MVS that gave the team the advantage of building bullet proof systems right from the start.
- Provided training on data integration best practices
- Aided client with current staff assessment
- Designed and deployed complex data modeling concepts, enabling easy data retrieval for BI tools
Dex Media delivered a broad range of products and services to help local businesses grow – from identifying target audiences and developing messaging, to optimizing marketing programs and leveraging appropriate products such as online and mobile search solutions, print yellow pages directories, and voice based search platforms.
AMR / EMSC
2004 – 2006
- Implemented an academically pure Corporate Information Factory
- Developed several sophisticated methods for extracting from disparate, nationwide data sources
- Delivered a single Business Objects Universe representing the entire enterprise
AMR serves more communities and customers than any other private ambulance service provider in the nation. With nearly 18,500 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors and support staff, AMR offers the strength of a national company (EMSC) with personalized care. In 2004, Griffin Resources was called in to help AMR manage their data repository which is the largest of it’s kind worldwide and represents more than 50 nationwide Computer Aided Dispatch systems in addition to separate billing, timekeeping and budgeting databases. Griffin provided a manageable, automated system of integrating all of their data streams into a business intelligence model that gave them absolute trust in the integrity of their data and the perspective they needed to better manage such a diverse and complex flow of information.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana
2001 – 2003, 2006 & 2009
- Implemented an enterprise data warehouse on DB2 and SQL Server
- Delivered Best Practices in ETL development, data warehousing, data integration, ETL administration, code versioning and code management
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is an American federation of 39 independent, community-based and locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance companies, in total covering over 100 million Americans. In 2001, the BCBS of Montana contacted Griffin to help them develop a reporting environment that gave them insight into the big picture trends developing across a large number of non-integrated operational systems. The business intelligence models generated by Griffin’s implementation of DataStage gave BCBS of Montana the integrated view they needed to fine tune their productivity and profitability as a company and the scalable processes and best practices in ETL to continue making their data work for them well into the future.
2000 – 2003
- Articulated and demonstrated every aspect of the Ascential Enterprise Data Integration for potential customers
- Delivered Proof of Concepts on demand in a pressurized environment across a broad range of data integration scenarios.
Now a subsidiary of IBM, Ascential Software Corporation made it’s name as the leading provider of Information Asset Management solutions to the Global 2000 and the company behind DataStage software. In 2000 Griffin Resources CEO and Founder Craig Rouse was hired as the technical resource to the DataStage sales team and was tasked with providing working POC’s (proof of concept) on demand to potential clients to demonstrate the viability of DataStage in their specific environment. In this position, Craig received an uncommon exposure to a wide range of data integration and business intelligence scenarios in enterprise that gave him the confidence to deliver solid results to any business that needs to make their data work for them.
Lucent / Avaya
1985 – 2000
- Technical Manager SAP Development Lucent Technologies / AVAYA
- Technical Manager Infrastructure Lucent Technologies
- Member Technical Staff AT&T Network Systems / Lucent Technologies
- Senior Consulting Engineer AT&T Global Information Solutions (NCR)
Griffin Resources CEO and Founder Craig Rouse earned his stripes working with AT&T / Lucent from 1985 – 2000. From the early days of writing C++ in the basement at AT&T to eventually leading the implementation of SAP in two factories operated by Lucent, the years working in the fast paced world of enterprise were invaluable. As a result, Craig now brings to bear a wide range of experience and expertise in networks, software development and data integration that is backed up by a history in the industry and the refined interpersonal and management skills needed to guide teams through the complicated technical processes with clarity.